As you offer cleaning service to your clients, there will come a time when you will need to sue a strong cleaning agent that contains chemicals that may lead to bodily harm or harm the environment if not handled in the proper way.
Below are some of the precautions that should be considered when handling such strong cleaning products:
- Proper labeling: All cleaning products should be well labeled before you set off to provide cleaning service. This will help to avoid a situation where you will use the wrong product when cleaning which could damage the client’ surface or other products.
- If it is indicated that the product should only be used in diluted form, never use it when concentrated. You should also follow the directions given when diluting it so that you will come up with the right concentration for the cleaning job.
- Strong chemicals should be used in a well-ventilated room; if the room has windows, ensure that they have been opened so that you will not suffocate as a result of using the chemical.
- Wear protective clothing when handling chemicals; there are products that are corrosive and will lead to burns if they come into contact with your body. Wearing gloves when handling such chemicals will be the safest option so that you will be more efficient in your cleaning.
- Avoid mixing cleaning products; different products contain different chemicals and if some of them are mixed, it may lead to the products of harmful fumes. If you discover that a cleaning product has not given the desired results, do not add another cleaning product. Rinse off the first product and then use the next product for the cleaning.
- After the cleaning service, ensure that the cleaning products, especially those that contain strong chemicals, are stored in a well-ventilated area. This will ensure that the chemical fumes will not spread to the other parts of the house.
- If there is a cleaning ingredient that has not been used for a long time, it should be thrown away. This is because it could be less effective or will have become harmful as a result of prolonged storage. Ensure that you use the right method for the disposal of the cleaning products so that children or animals will not come into contact with it.
All cleaning products should be stored in the container they were in when purchasing so that you will not mistakenly use them for the wrong purpose. If you have a trainee in your area of work, ensure that he is aware of the proper handling technique so that there will be no ugly incidents when providing cleaning services.
Every cleaning product has a list of ingredients used in its manufacture on its outer pack. Read through each product before making the purchase so that you will buy the right product for the cleaning service. Always remember that different surfaces will be cleaned using diverse cleaning products and this should also be a precaution from the time you purchase the cleaning product to the time you will be using it. If you are not sure about the safety of the product, ask a more experienced person to give you the right directions so that you will not make any mistake.